Bachelor of Business Administration and Hospitality Management (BA.HM) has been developed in response to the growing need to build the business and entrepreneurial capacity of hospitality professionals locally and globally. The programme focuses on business development and business management with a distinct focus on the unique dynamics of the hospitality sector. The programme focuses on producing graduates who are multi-disciplinary as well as employable, and entrepreneurial to be able to build sustainable businesses. BAHM integrates training for business excellence as an alternative to the Bachelor of Science Hospitality Management which focuses on training for operations.
- A Practical development of business management
- Hospitality, institutional and hotel management
- Graduates will embark on two industry internships that will give you a competitive advantage in
your future career.
- Experiential learning through, exchange programmes, visiting faculty, industry mentorship.
- To produce versatile and multi-skilled graduates who can thrive in any area of business, entrepreneurship and hospitality management.
- To Provide a business acumen to graduates to enable them work in support of core hospitality functions.
- To produce multi-disciplinary and employable graduates who are able to build sustainable businesses that provide solutions for the sector as well as create employment opportunities.
- Marketing and sales executives
- Human Resource
- Catering management
- Accounting and Finance Associates
- Events management
- Hospitality Business Management
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- KCSE (or equivalent examination) with a minimum aggregate of C+
- 6 credits at O level, A level 2 principal passes and 1 subsidiary
- IB minimum of 24 out of 45
- A distinction in the Strathmore Entrance Exam
- Proven leadership skills in school & community and outstanding performance in extra-curriculum activities are an added advantage
All applicants will be required to attempt and pass the University entrance examination which will include Mathematics and English tests as well as an oral interview.
Candidates are expected to bring:
- Original and copies of all relevant academic certificates
- High school leaving certificate
- Copy of Birth certificate / National ID/ Passport
- Color passport size photos
- Ksh 2,000 entrance exam fee.