The Master in Hospitality Business Management is a unique programme developed to provide the next-generation hospitality managers with in-depth knowledge and international experience to enable them to explore innovative hospitality business opportunities. The Programme provides a valuable opportunity to hospitality professionals and industry practitioners to acquire leadership and business management skills specific for the hospitality industry. The goal of the MHBM is to provide graduates with a strong skill base in ethical leadership, business acumen, sustainable management, entrepreneurship and research that need to be applied at top or mid-level management in addressing contemporary hospitality industry needs and challenges.
About this Programme
By the end of the Programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate global leadership skills in the field of hospitality.
- Exhibit mastery of hospitality business management.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct applied research that addresses current needs and challenges of the hospitality industry.
- Exhibit leadership ability in the context of social consciousness and ethical practice.
- Apply innovation in hospitality entrepreneurship.
The following are eligible for admission into the Master in Hospitality Business Management Programme:
i. Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degrees in Hospitality from recognized universities; or
ii. Holders of other related qualifications from recognized universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to a First Class or Upper Second Class degree in a related discipline; or
iii. Holders of Lower Second Class degrees who also have:
- a Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant area; or,
- two-years’ practical experience in the hospitality industry.
iv. Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
v. In addition to meeting any one of the above admission criteria: all applicants will be required to attend and pass an oral interview and a Graduate Entrance Examination (GEE).
- Ethics, Governance and Responsibility
- Hospitality Revenue Management
- Strategic Hospitality HR Management
- Hospitality Leadership and Management
- Corporate Finance for Hospitality
- Hotel Property Planning, Design and Development
- Competitive Strategies for Hospitality Business
- Global Hospitality Marketing
- Innovation and Change Management
- Big Data Analytics in Hospitality
- Hospitality Law
- Hospitality Business Development
- Hospitality business mid-level and senior Managers
- Hospitality business owners / directors
- Potentail and Current hospitality investors
- Hospitality researchers and academicians
1.2 Million (200,000 Per Module)
- The programme is divided into 6 modules
The cost includes
- Tuition fee at Strathmore University and in Modul University
- International module in Modul University (Vienna) including return Airfare, accommodation, subsistence, organized transport and examinations, experiential learning.
- An IPad and E-learning resources.
- Meals during teaching weeks on campus
- Access to books and journals
What makes our Master in Hospitality Business Management Unique
- International Module in a reputable University in Europe
- Facilitated by a mix of top and reputable local and international faculty
- Targeted guest lectures and workshops led by industry experts
- Industry focused master’s dissertation and Seminars
- Focus on the holistic development of the leaders in the hospitality sector
- 50 years of experience producing graduates in leadership and entrepreneurship
- Combining academic rigor with industry applications
- Extremely practical examples
- Powerful networking
- A beautiful environment with world-class standards
- A commitment to individual transformation and the society
- Strathmore is ranked among the best Universities in Africa