The Hospitality and Restaurant industry has proven to be one of the most resilient sectors with the ability to recover and maintain a growth trajectory despite the economic uncertainty. However, in our local and regional markets, the strategic skill sets in Hospitality & Restaurant leadership that drive critical decisions such as market entry, investment, brand development, funding, policy, multiunit operations, and strategic growth are either lacking or still emerging.
The Hospitality Investment Leadership (HIL) programme has been designed to address the need to build our capacity as Africa’s Hospitality and Restaurant business leaders to bridge this gap and ultimately drive more structured and sustainable local investment in the industry, with greater participation by local players. This programme seeks to:
- Bridge the knowledge gap between the operations and strategic investment
- Inspire the development and expansion of Hospitality & Restaurant brands in the region
- Provide insights to what are the driving factors and indicators that motivate owners, investors, and lenders
- Develop strategic thinking skills to identify opportunities from existing Hospitality and Restaurant assets
- Advance competencies for strategic leadership
- Provide a networking opportunity with owners, financiers, investors, and policymakers.
Why Choose the Programme?
- The HIL programme is a solution-based and practical training delivered through interactive real-world case-based discussions.
- It provides a platform for Hospitality and Restaurant business leaders to exchange insights towards building their regionally contextual strategic policy and leadership knowledge.
- Hospitality & Restaurant CEOs, CFOs, Board Chairpersons & Board Members
- Existing and prospective investors in Hospitality, Hotel & Restaurant Brands and Assets (Pensions Funds, SACCOs, REITs, PE/VC, etc.)
- Regional Hospitality & Restaurant sector financiers
- Hospitality & Restaurant policymakers and educators
Key Focus Areas and Benefits to the Participant(s) & the Sponsoring Organization:
- Identifying and creating Hospitality Investment Opportunities
- Comprehensive SWOT analysis
- Hospitality & Restaurant Brand Development, Execution, and Sustenance
- Partnership for regional expansion
- Investment analysis and decision making
- Talent selection, development & retention
- Local and regional tax incentives for Hospitality Investment
- Strategy execution
Participants who successfully complete the programme will receive a Strathmore University Certificate. 75% attendance is mandatory.
- A Four-day class work session at Strathmore University
- Course materials, case studies, and programme stationery
- Meals and refreshments at Strathmore University for three days
Mr. Leonard Mudachi
Adjunct lecturer – EE, School of Tourism and Hospitality (STH)
CEO, Branded Restaurants and Retail Africa Limited (BRRAL)
For more information about this programme and to make your application please write to firstname.lastname@example.org