Would you like to master the art of preparing tasty dishes at home? Do you wish to gain practical skills in the kitchen and in home management? Enrol now for the Executive Home Management (EHoME) short course.
EHoME is cooking and home management course taught by experienced instructors from the School of Tourism and Hospitality at Strathmore University.
The program is suitable for:
- Young professionals.
- Domestic assistants.
- Home managers.
- Home chefs.
- Working parents.
- Any interested person who desires skills to have a warm home.
Key focus areas - Cookery
- Breakfast items: pancakes, cooking eggs, bacon & sausage
- Meat cookery-beef: beef cuts, cutting & marinating, stewing, frying, grilling
- Potato cookery: sautéing, lyonnaise, wedges, chips, bhajia
- Meat cookery-chicken: portioning chicken, marinating, roasting, frying
- Cooking Starches & vegetables: rice dishes, pasta dishes, chapatis, vegetable salads
- Tea snacks and Salads: muffins, tea scones, cookies, doughnuts
- Fish cookery: Marinating, fish fingers, grilling, baking
- Meat cookery-Pork: cutting, marinating, coating, grilling, pan-frying, Roasting
- Cooking with minced meat: burgers, Samosa, Meatballs
- Just baking: Flaky pastry, meat pies, sausage rolls
Key focus areas - home management
- Living hygiene & food safety in the Kitchen: personal hygiene, food hygiene, kitchen hygiene
- Laundry process: identification of fabrics, interpreting care labels, stain removal
- Cleaning the house: daily cleaning living room and bathroom, polishing furniture
- Laundry process: washing cotton and linens, finishing
- Planning family meals: balance, variety, quantity
- Food and beverage service: table setting, buffet planning and preparation, hosting and serving alcoholic beverages
- Menu planning for parties: get-together parties, children’s’ parties, birthday parties
Those who complete the full course (a total of 10 sessions) will receive a certificate.
Quick Application Form
Culinary Arts Professional Development program - For form four leavers.